Cervical Cancer is the cause to death for 14 Thai women a day.
Cervical Cancer is the cause to death for 14 Thai women a day, event though it is preventable
*Screening procedures for Cervical Cancer
- Pap Test
- Tests for the presence of precancerous or cancerous cells on the cervix (yearly)
- HPV DNA Test
- Test to check for a high-risk HPV infection in women (every 3 years)
- Two vaccines prevent infections with HPV types 16 and 18, two high-risk HPVs that cause cervical cancers and 4 HPV types (6, 11, 16, 18) which also prevent genital warts.
- HPV vaccine can be given to girls beginning at age 9 years.
- Regular Pap tests are recommended even after the HPV vaccine.