Office Syndrome is caused by unhealthy habits and misuse of muscle, such as staying in the same posture for a prolonged period without sufficient movement.
Headaches, shoulder and back pain, numb fingers and arms, weak eyesight, dry eyes are the results of such habits. It is usually found in office workers who spend many hours in front of a computer or small screens.
Poor working environment also influences the symptoms, such as inadequate height of the table or the position of the computer and keyboard, which leads to unnatural sitting position that causes constant muscles contraction and pain. Moreover, stress can also worsen the symptoms.
Preventions of Office Syndrome
- Create an ergonomically friendly working environment
- Change your posture every 1-2 hours in order to rest the muscles
- Stretch your muscles during the day to maintain muscle flexibility
- Avoid tasks that requires muscle contraction for a prolonged period
- Manage stress and rest sufficiently
Office Syndrome treatments include taking medication, rehabilitation and physical therapy, and acupuncture therapy. However, the most important factors is finding the cause, fixing it, and preventing it effectively by creating friendly working environment, changing habits and posture frequently, and exercising regularly in order to prevent the undesirable symptoms.