…..It is found that 80% of patients with pain nowadays visit their doctors due to several causes: the deterioration of joint over age; injuries that affect joint, bone, tendon or muscle; joint deterioration associated with some other factors, such as medication, chemicals or personal diseases found with joint overstrain; inflammation from infection because of diseases like rheumatism; inflammation from gout crystals or tartar. These symptoms, without appropriate diagnosis and treatment of their causes, may worsen and lead to long-term joint deterioration and finally disability.
To ensure treatment with optimum efficiency, preciseness and safety, BNH Shoulder and Joint Centre (Thailand’s first specialized centre for the diagnosis and treatment of shoulder- and joint-related diseases) is staffed with specialist doctors with experience in these disorders and equipped with the minimally invasive technology and medical techniques for such symptoms as adhesive capsulitis of the shoulder, meniscus repair and arthroplasty
Causes of joint disorders
Injury caused by an accident or overstrain during sporting that leads to bone fractures, the inflammation or tear of tendon and muscle
Inflammation or infection from one’s own immune defense or from gout crystals or tartar
Deterioration of joint over age alone of with other accompanying factors, such as medication, chemicals, accident or personal diseases associated with hard work (joint deterioration or frozen shoulder)
Congenital disorders or development disorders
Bone and joint tumor, diseases on cartilage, synovium, tendon, muscle, or nerves surrounding the joint
Symptoms indicating possible joint disorders
Pain and possible inflammation (swelling, redness and burning pain)
Abnormal joint motion, unstable joint, loosening joint or dislocation
Bone abnormalities or outgrowths
Numbness or weakness in the end of limbs or in the area close to the joint or loss of joint functionality
The shoulder joint is critical as it controls the motion of the arms. If a problem in this joint occurs, pain and motion disorders may result. Patients will suffer from loss of arm function which can affect every aspect of their daily activities.
The causes of shoulder disorders include injuries sustained in an accident, injuries suffered whilst playing sport, inappropriate habits or physical deterioration over age.
The shoulder joint is critical as it controls the motion of both arms. However, if disorders occur, pain and motion disorders may result. Patients will suffer from loss of arm functionality, affecting work and daily life as well as sports. The causes of shoulder disorders can be injuries from an accident or sports, inappropriate routine ways of living or physical deterioration over age.
Frequently found disorders at shoulder joint include
Rotator cuff tendonitis/tear
Shoulder impingement syndrome
Frozen shoulder is a disorder characterized by the stiffness of connective tissue surrounding shoulder joint. This condition results from prolonged inflammation and immobilization of shoulder, causing the bands of tissue with reduced flexibility and contraction to develop. This finally leads to frozen shoulder, which is frequently found in patients with diabetes, thyroid diseases and neck deterioration. The patients with frozen shoulder experience shoulder pain and limited shoulder movement, for example, being unable to stretch arms, raise arms above their heads, or crossing arms behind their back. The conditions affect their daily lives as they cannot comb their hair, wear their bras or reach an item at the high level.
This treatment of frozen shoulder is an integration of the capsular dilatation, a technique which expands the stiff tissue, and the shoulder manipulation during anaesthesia to allow patients to move their shoulders again with ease.
This is a medical innovation for the diagnosis and treatment of shoulder and joint diseases in the case where surgery is warranted. The treatment is performed by experience surgeons and yields better results than the conventional surgery – with smaller surgical wounds, less damage to tissue, less post-surgery pain and quicker recovery.
Arthroscopic knee surgery
Repair meniscus and knee tendon
Eliminate calcium, bone particles in joint
Remove the adhesions in joint or treat stiff tissue
Treat recurrent dislocation
Arthroscopic shoulder surgery
Treat blends of tissue in shoulder
Treat torn shoulder joint or tendon
Grind the scapula to relieve shoulder impingement
Fix the broken bone to the joint
Osteoarthritis is the deterioration of bone in the joint, causing the loss of joint functionality. Patients will experience pain, stiffness, creaking to the joint or deformity of joint.
This disease is caused by aging, accident injury, prolonged inflammation, vessel disorders, or some medication such as steroids. The treatment depends on the stage of disease. In the early stage, medication, change of lifestyle and physical therapy will suspend the deterioration and relieve the symptoms. However, in later stages or in the case where such treatment yields no improvement, arthroplasty may be necessary.
The treatment of advanced Osteoarthritis which does not improve with other methods is Arthroplasty. A new joint to be replaced is made from metal that is non-reactive to human body. It is so durable that it can absorb the shock caused by movement and can shoulder the body weight for a long period of time.
BNH Shoulder and Joint Centre offers comprehensive diagnosis and treatment of patients with shoulder and joint problems by a team of professional and experienced doctors with advanced technology in order to ensure precise and effective diagnosis.
…We understand, care and offer you the treatment of quality…
- Fellowship in Foot & Ankle Trauma and Reconstruction, Universitatklinikum "Carl Gustav Carus", Dresden, Germany (2012)
- Clinical Fellowship in Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand (2008-2009)
- Residency Training in Orthopaedic Surgery, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand (2004-2008)
- Doctor of Medicine (First Class Honour), Chulalongkorn University, 2000
Diplomate, Thai Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (2008)
Special Clinical Interests:
Foot and Ankle Surgery, Sports Medicine & Arthroscopy
- Diploma in clinical science (surgery), Chulalongkorn University
- Thai broad of orthopaedic surgery
- Fellowship in pediatric orthopaedic, Shriners Hospital for children, St. Louis - Children Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri, USA
- Fellowship In Hand and microsurgery, Chulalongkorn University)
- Fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery, Christine M Kleinert Institute for Hand and Microsurgery, University of Louisville, Kentucky USA 2555
- Fellowship in Hand and Microsurgery, Christine M Kleinert Institute
- For Hand and Microsurgery, University of Louisville Kentucky, USA 2554-2555
- Fellow, Department of orthopedic surgeon and Rehabilitation Loyola University, Chicago, USA 2555
- Fellow, Hand and Upper surgery, Department of Orthopedic surgery and Rehabilitation, University of Mississippi Medical Center Jackson, Mississippi, USA 2556
- Fellowship in Sports Medicine, Department of Orthopaedics, Faculty of medicine Chulalongkorn University
- Resident of Orthopaedics, Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital
- Diploma of Clinical Science (Surgery), Mahidol University
- MD.(First class Honours), Faculty of Medicine Siriraj Hospital
- Certificate fellowship in Sports Medicine, Faculty of Medicine Chulalongkorn University
- Diploma of Thai Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Bachelor of Medicine (2nd Class Honor), Chulalongkorn University
- Master degree of Biomedical Engineering, Chulalongkorn University
- Fellowship in Arthroplasty, Chulalongkorn University
- PhD. degree in Biomedical engineering, Chulalongkorn University
- Fellowship in Orthopaedic Trauma and Arthroplasty, University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics
- Diploma in Clinical Science (Surgery), Chulalongkorn University
- Diploma of the Thai Medical Board in Orthopaedic Surgery
- A.O. Fellowship in Switzerland
-Attending the Insitute of Orthopaedics and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital with particular reference to arthroplasty of the knee and hip surgery,Stanmore, Middlesex, UK